[Samba] SAMBA under window?

hce webmail.hce at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 02:02:01 GMT 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 2:32 PM, Adam Tauno Williams
<adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am thinking a network configuration where a SAMBA server is
> > installed in a window machine so that the web server on that window
> > machine can talk to linux devices. Is it possible, or it is a stupid
> > idea?
>
> There is no need to install Samba on Windows;  Samba does what Windows
> natively provides.

I know. May be I should clarify it. Samba is normally installed under
linux system, but some people only have window system (or they only
use window system), but want to the web server and Samba server are
installed on window so that the linux devices can talk to web server
and window files system to do file transfer and all other things.

So, the question is really, can the Samba be compiled, intalled and
configurated under Windows?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jim