[Samba] Re: Windows Vista file copying over openvpn

stoffell stoffell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 20:35:25 GMT 2007

On Dec 7, 2007 11:20 AM, stoffell <stoffell at gmail.com> wrote:
> My current conclusion: it is a problem with vista <-> samba over
> slower links (with openvpn tunnel) but not really an openvpn problem
> (it works when copying to windows, so openvpn is ok, right?).

Okay, some more troubleshooting.. here's the current stuff I tried..

# 2007.12.10 15.15
* Apply KB935427 after fetching from TheHotfixShare.net
* Reboot, test $B"*(B Result: negative, same error
# 2007.12.10 14.50
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
* Reboot, test, negative.
# 2007.12.08 10h00
* Turned of in vista: Remote Differential Compression
* Control Panel $B"M(B Programs and features $B"M(B Remote Differential Compression
* Result: negative, same error

Any more suggestions? I kinda had my hope set on KB935427, the
description looked very much like the problem I'm having..

cheers,
stoffell