[Samba] Permissions

Aaron J. Zirbes ajz at umn.edu
Fri Dec 7 15:31:51 GMT 2007

Andrea,

Microsoft Windows does NOT allow a user to connect to a server using two different credentials at
the same time.  This means, that if the segretario is connected to SERVER as segretario on the
\\server\segretario share, they cannot connect to \\server\economo without completely disconnecting
from the server as segretario first.

Windows also tends to leave connections cached, even if you disconnect a drive, the computer will
try to connect as segretario next time you connect to server if you don't log off and login first.

I suggest adding segretario to the "valid users", and if needed, the "write list" parameter if
segretario need to use the economo share as well.

Best of luck.

--
Aaron