[Samba] time server = yes

Ludek Finstrle luf at pzkagis.cz
Thu Dec 6 16:42:09 GMT 2007

Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 10:34:51AM -0600, Adam Williams napsal(a):
> I want my XP clients to update their clocks from my samba server.  I
> have time server = yes in smb.conf, and running ntpd on the server, but
> my clients aren't updating their clocks.  I tried running the command
> manually logged in as a domain user:
>
> net time /setsntp:10.8.2.3
>
> but it just says "System error 5 has occurred.  Access is denied".

Domain user isn't allowed to change w32time service. I'm not sure
if time server mean ntp time server ...
I have to change more settings on client side in w32time service.
(e.g. start the service ;o) )
But still if the time differ for more than X minutes/hours it fails.
So I have to add net time /set command to windows XP startup.

Regards,

Luf