[Samba] configuration variables not parsed %L %U %m

Boldra paul at boldra.com
Wed Dec 5 20:16:06 GMT 2007

I am doing the initial setup of a samba/ldap PDC with roaming profiles.
After many "Windows cannot locate the server copy of your roaming
profile ...path not found " errors, I changed //%L/profiles/%U/%m to
//server/profiles/%U/%m and discovered that I now have a new directory
on my server with exactly the following name:

/home/nt-profiles/%U/%m/

The variables %U and %m aren't being substituted out.  Presumably the
reason I was getting the "path not found" errors was that %L also wasn't
being parsed.

I am using smbd 3.0.23c

Thanks for any suggestions

Boldra