[Samba] AD returns only one group for all users

Nathan VanHoudnos vanhoudn at uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 5 17:06:54 GMT 2007

> Sorry to bother you about another topic, but I've been trying to set up
> Winbindd on a Solaris workstation, and the issue for me is getting
> logins to work via PAM. Do you have a working pam.conf for Solaris that
> includes winbindd? For all of my web searching, I could never find one
> that worked right for me.

It's okay to bother, but I doubt that I can be much help. Since I don't
want AD users to have shell accounts on the box, I intentionally left
pam.conf well alone.

I do, however, have a pam.conf-winbind that, I think, came with the SFW
samba. I've included it in-line, after my sig.

Cheers,

Nathan VanHoudnos

#
#ident  "@(#)pam.conf-winbind   1.1     07/05/15 SMI"
#
# Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All rights reserved.
# Use is subject to license terms.
#
# PAM configuration
#
# Unless explicitly defined, all services use the modules
# defined in the "other" section.
#
# Modules are defined with relative pathnames, i.e., they are
# relative to /usr/lib/security/$ISA. Absolute path names, as
# present in this file in previous releases are still acceptable.
#
# Authentication management
#
# login service (explicit because of pam_dial_auth)
#
login   auth requisite          pam_authtok_get.so.1
login   auth required           pam_dhkeys.so.1
login   auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
login   auth required           pam_unix_auth.so.1
login   auth required           pam_dial_auth.so.1
#
# rlogin service (explicit because of pam_rhost_auth)
#
rlogin  auth sufficient         pam_rhosts_auth.so.1
rlogin  auth requisite          pam_authtok_get.so.1
rlogin  auth required           pam_dhkeys.so.1
rlogin  auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
rlogin  auth required           pam_unix_auth.so.1
#
# Kerberized rlogin service
#
krlogin auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
krlogin auth binding            pam_krb5.so.1
krlogin auth required           pam_unix_auth.so.1
#
# rsh service (explicit because of pam_rhost_auth,
# and pam_unix_auth for meaningful pam_setcred)
#
rsh     auth sufficient         pam_rhosts_auth.so.1
rsh     auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
#
# Kerberized rsh service
#
krsh    auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
krsh    auth binding            pam_krb5.so.1
krsh    auth required           pam_unix_auth.so.1
#
# Kerberized telnet service
#
ktelnet auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
ktelnet auth binding            pam_krb5.so.1
ktelnet auth required           pam_unix_auth.so.1
#
# PPP service (explicit because of pam_dial_auth)
#
ppp     auth requisite          pam_authtok_get.so.1
ppp     auth required           pam_dhkeys.so.1
ppp     auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
ppp     auth required           pam_unix_auth.so.1
ppp     auth required           pam_dial_auth.so.1
#
# Default definitions for Authentication management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for authentication
#
other   auth requisite          pam_authtok_get.so.1
other   auth required           pam_dhkeys.so.1
other   auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
other   auth required           pam_unix_auth.so.1
#
# passwd command (explicit because of a different authentication module)
#
passwd  auth required           pam_passwd_auth.so.1
#
# cron service (explicit because of non-usage of pam_roles.so.1)
#
cron    account required        pam_unix_account.so.1
#
# Default definition for Account management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for account
management
#
other   account requisite       pam_roles.so.1
other   account sufficient      pam_unix_account.so.1
other   account required        pam_winbind.so
#
# Default definition for Session management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for session
management
#
other   session required        pam_unix_session.so.1
#
# Default definition for  Password management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for password
management
#
other   password required       pam_dhkeys.so.1
other   password requisite      pam_authtok_get.so.1
other   password requisite      pam_authtok_check.so.1
other   password required       pam_winbind.so
other   password required       pam_authtok_store.so.1
#
# Support for Kerberos V5 authentication and example configurations can
# be found in the pam_krb5(5) man page under the "EXAMPLES" section.
#