[Samba] smbd problem with inotify

Witold Tosta witold.tosta at neostrada.pl
Tue Dec 4 06:48:44 GMT 2007

>> 2. I've moved the share from one reiserfs partition to another formatted
>> under reiser4 filesystem.
>>
>> The problem occurs less than on reiserfs, but still happens.
>
> reiserfs is known to play badly with Samba, so unless you
> can reproduce the problem with ext3 I doubt anybody will
> seriously look at it.
>
> Volker

I've created ext3 partition and moved "kirchner" share into that ext3
partition.

The issue (error) that I wrote in my main post still appears. Moving
share into ext3 filesystem didn't change anything. I assume it is not
filesystem matter.

I am starting to believe that it is the case of badly working gis
software, not Samba server.

But I still don't know what does my samba error mean and what does this
concern.

With regards
Witek

PS. Excuse my bad English please :-)