[Samba] AD issue....

Michael Fernández M. michael at michael.cl
Mon Dec 3 14:36:00 GMT 2007

El lun, 03-12-2007 a las 18:43 +0530, Sadique Puthen escribió:
> Set "winbind use default domain = yes" in smb.conf if you want to change
> ownership of files to ad users using their actual name. If you don't set
> it, you should change the ownership using "domain+username" as the
> username which linux doesn't like much.
>
> If you want getent passwd/group to work please make sure that you have
> the below parameters in smb.conf though it has slight problems while
> maintaining large number of users.
>
> winbind enum users = yes
> winbind enum groups = yes

Yes, now is working, i can get the users an groups with getent passwd

Thanks!!!!

But i cannot set permissions to shares map via Windows, i have the
folowing configuration in SMB.conf:

drwxrwxrwx  3 administrator domain users  4096 2007-11-30 16:39 Domain

[domain]
   comment = domain
   browseable = yes
   path = /home/Domain