[Samba] AD issue....

Michael Fernández M. michael at michael.cl
Mon Dec 3 12:25:28 GMT 2007

Hi, i want to integrate AD + Samba3 via kerberos, every works great i
get the users and groups with wbinfo -u and  wbinfo -g
so in linux i cat set the permissions to a share using the AD's users.
However when i try "getent passwd" I only get the system users and not
the AD's users... in my nsswitch.conf i have:

passwd:         files winbind
group:          files winbind
shadow:         files
hosts:          files dns winbind
networks:       files

In the other hand on Windows when I try to set a permission to a share
using I cannot set them, because i got Permission denied.

The following  is my smb.conf:

[global]
security = ADS
netbios name = andromaca
realm = domain.tld
encrypt passwords = yes
password server = x.x.x.x
workgroup = domain
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
ldap ssl = no
winbind separator = +
template homedir = /home/%D/%U
template shell = /bin/bash
client use spnego = yes

[ol]
   comment = ol
   browseable = yes
   path = /home/ol
   public = yes
   writable = yes

[lala]
   comment = lala
   browseable = yes
   path = /home/ol/lala
   public = yes
   writable = yes

when i set the permissions on lala via linux to a specific AD user, and
then on Windows I map that share with that user so can got it and can
write, read, delete, etc....

Anyone knows how can i do it in order to set the permissions via
Windows?

Thanks !!!!

Michael.-