[Samba] Unable to access user properties in Samba 4

Nadezhda Ivanova didrash at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 09:38:00 GMT 2007

Hi all,
I installed Samba 4 as a PDC of a Windows 2003 server and a Windows XP Pro
workstation. As described in the HOWTO, I tred using the Microsoft admin
pack to take a look at my users. The user Administrator (the one created
during Samba installation) appeared not to be in any of the built-in groups,
and attempts to add him to Schema Admins for example, failed with message
invalid data. The same happens with other users I created using the SWAT.
When examining the schema using an LDAP browser, the user objects appreared
to have no properties whatsoever. The LDAP browser from the SWAT preview
gets stuck when I select a user object. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Best Regards,
Nadezhda Ivanova