[Samba] Making a public drive where admin has write access

Dane Shea dane.shea at comcast.net
Sun Dec 2 07:56:23 GMT 2007

Hello I am trying to make a public drive where an admin has write access but
other users only have read access. I want to be able to mount the drive
automatically for the users and admin but I want the admin to automount with
write access using a batch file.  This is what my share looks like tell me
if it is right.

[public]
comment = Public Shared Folder
path = /home/public
write list = DShea
create mask = 0775
guest ok = Yes

Then the batch file looks like this:

NET USE J: \\192.168.1.109\public <file:///\\192.168.1.109\public>
/USER:daneshea.com\DShea dane

For some reason it mounts it but not with write access. I can't figure out
why.

Thanks in advance