[Samba] Hi, I was hoping someone can help me with this: I can mount a share using smbclient, then change to a hidden directory cd /my/home/directory and access the files

Jason Friedman write.to.jason at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 17:33:23 GMT 2007

Hi, I was hoping someone can help me with this:

I can mount a share using smbclient, then change to a

cd /my/home/directory

The root directory of the share is unreadable (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED) but
can nevertheless change to this directory (which I have permission for) and
access the files.

When I try to do the same things using mount (with either smbfs or cifs), it
mounts, again
is unwilling to list the root directory, but also will not list or change to
my directory:

bash: cd /my/home/directory: permission denied

I am running version 3.0.24 on Ubuntu. I don't have access to the settings
of the Windows server.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

--