[Samba] Samba+LDAP with real-time share permissions

Steve Scanavarro steve.scanavarro at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 13:16:29 GMT 2007

Hello everyone!
I'm using samba with LDAP, and everything is working fine.
But I'm having problems when I change something in the permissions on the
share, for example, I have a share called "daily".
In this share, the permissions are set to the LDAP group called Daily, where
"steve" is a member.
Well, when I log in, the share maps ok, but what I want to do is, when I
remove the user steve from the LDAP group, his access will be denied in
"real-time" (when remove from the group, stop been able to see anything in
the drive).

*BUT*, it's not working, the user still have the permissions in the drive
'til logout/login again.

My question is, what if the user logout only in the weekends? In the
meanwhile user 'steve' will still have access to the drive?
In an experience here, he no longer has access only when I restart Samba,
but when I do that, the other drives that are mapped stop working as well,
and the user should logout/login again, and then the permissions are ok.
(and it's not a good idea to restart samba everytime I change a permission
isn't it? :)

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas!

Best,

Steve