[Samba] logon script sometimes doesn't run

Patrick DUBAU patrick.dubau at alsace.iufm.fr
Thu Aug 30 07:56:35 GMT 2007

Hi,

i just upgrade samba  3.0.14a-3sarge to 3.0.24-6etch4
i didn't change anything in smb.conf

my problem  :  i noticed  that for some stations (all are on windows xp
sp2) the logon.bat is not run (=> no network mapping)

in this case, when i go to DOS and try to map like : net use g:
\\admin\netlogon (where admin is the netbios name) i got the error
"system error 53"
When i repeat this command like : net use g:
\\mei-admin.alsace.iufm.fr\netlogon (FQDN from the server) it works
(always!)

I noticed that at login the logon.bat is launched by :
\\admin\netlogon\logon.bat, but as this syntax is not working at first
boot the script is not run

Does someone have a solution ?
Can the call of the logon.bat be changed so that it works with this
syntax : \\<FDDN of server\netlogon\logon.bat ?