[Samba] Help with roaming profiles and drive letter mapping...

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 29 18:42:12 GMT 2007

I have Samba 3.0.23c-2 (default that comes with RedHat Enterprise 5
Server) and am trying to tweak the conf file to permit roaming profiles
and assign drive letter mapping.

I am able to join my XP SP2 system to Samba as the PDC, and can log in as
root, but any other account either warns that "Windows cannot find the
local profle and is logging in with a temporary profile..."

I also want to map directories to drive letters and mount a printer.

I have reviewed a ton of web pages describing smb.conf files, and tried so
many things, but nothing has worked for at least the roaming profiles,
which is most critical now.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Scott