[Samba] How to use ZFS volume

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Aug 29 17:45:40 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 09:58 +0900, Yoshikuni.Yanagiya at Sun.COM wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use Samba with ZFS volume, although I know 3.0.25c dose not
> work with ZFS volume.

Samba generally will work with any filesystem, the only condition is
that it has to be posix compatible.
WIth ZFS almost everything will work except native ZFS ACLs, that's what
the vfs_zfsacl module is for.

> And I found modules/vfs_zfsacl.c on Samba-3.0.26.
> (
> http://viewcvs.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/branches/SAMBA_3_0_26/source/modules/
> )
> But I can't find samba-3.0.26.tar.gz on samba.org.

After 3.0.25 we decided to change the minor release number because of
the amount of changes and the change in license (GPLv2->GPLv3), so the
next release, which correspond to the former 3.0.26 code base, is now
3.2.0 and will be released eventually before the end of the year.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer