Fwd: [Samba] Problem with netlogon\logon.bat not mapping all drives

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 07:26:25 GMT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>
Date: Aug 28, 2007 3:26 AM
Subject: Re: [Samba] Problem with netlogon\logon.bat not mapping all drives
To: Jai Lamerton <jai.lamerton at sial.com>

On 8/28/07, Jai Lamerton <jai.lamerton at sial.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I was wondering if anyone could help me, I have searched for some reason but
> cannot find any.
>

> After migrating from a previous samba-3.0.10 (I think) PDC server to a newer
> samba-3.0.23c server on Centos5, I have the strange problem that my XP
> clients no longer map all the drives listed in the logon.bat during logon,
> however if I run logon.bat manually after I'm logged in, all drives are
> mapped fine.
>

> My logon.bat file:
>

> @echo off
>
> NET TIME %LOGONSERVER% /SET /YES
>
> NET USE * /DEL /YES
>
> NET USE H: %LOGONSERVER%\%USERNAME%
>
> NET USE I: %LOGONSERVER%\drivers
>
> NET USE P: %LOGONSERVER%\public
>
> NET USE S: %LOGONSERVER%\software
>

> The only drive that sometimes gets mapped at login is S: the last one in the
> list.

I have seen this with a similar script. What I have seen is that the

NET USE * /DEL /YES

finishes but does not always fully execute for all drives but is
waiting and running in the background. Then the drive mapping actually
succeeds and sometime after that (even a minute or  two later) the
delete actually happens. If you can I think it is best to avoid the
delete.

John

--
John M. Drescher