[Samba] Samba 3.0.25c Going Nuts on our Network???

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Aug 25 02:40:57 GMT 2007

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 04:22:14PM -0500, David Rankin wrote:
>
>> Sure Jerry,
>>
>> 	They are attached. One is a 18 second capture, the second is a 60
>> second capture.
>>

> Is any linux process writing into that directory or changing the
> directory timestamp ?
>
> Jeremy.

No, at the time I made the capture, the system was sitting at idle and
ethereal was the only thing active. I specifically made sure that there
was nothing active on the link between 192.168.7.15 and .98. Further,
the entire net was slowing down. I apologize that the dump was from the
wireless card that couldn't be put into promiscuous mode, but such is
life.....