[Samba] php includes lost

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 23 04:23:04 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 14:34 -0400, Phill Atwood wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-22-08 at 15:03 -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel wrote:
> >
> > Phill Atwood wrote, On 22-08-2007 11:56:
> > > We have a windows network and the server is running mysql and php.  If I
> > >   access our web app via firefox from a windows box the app works fine.
> > >   However, if I connect to it thru my laptop which is running Debian
> > > Etch and using samba I can access the web page but it doesn't function
> > > properly because the include statments in the php code aren't
> > > functioning properly.  I have a feeling it is either  a problem with my
> > > samba configuration or perhaps it is because I'm not entering the
> > > correct workgroup in the password dialog.  When I use another windoze
> > > machine it doesn't ask me for a workgroup.  I'm having trouble
> > > discovering what ones are defined if any on our system.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions for this problem are appreciated.
> >
> > 	If you don't access your PHP files using a web browser
> > then you are not accessing the HTTP server that handles the PHP
> > dynamic content and this is the expected behaviour.
> >
> > 	It is not clear to me how you are accessing the pages,
> > but if you use IceWeasel (firefox without brand) in Debian it
> > should work just fine. If you use a file browser in a samba
> > mount point, it shouldn't work.
> >

> Yes, I'm using IceWeasel.  My url is
>
> smb://server/wwwroot/repository/index.php
>
> If I try:
>
> http://server/wwwroot/repository/index.php
>
> I get redirected to www.server.com

You need to ensure that 'server' is a valid name in your local DNS, or
an entry in /etc/hosts.  Most non-samba tools on a unix system won't do
a netbios name lookup, hence not finding the server.  (You could
configure nss_wins with a wins server if you really want...).

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett
http://samba.org/~abartlet/