[Samba] winbindd starts, works, then fails soon

Robert Grasso Robert.Grasso at cedrat.com
Wed Aug 22 15:23:32 GMT 2007

Add-on : having seen on the list some troubles with v3.0.25b, I just upgraded to v3.0.25c - no change - well, with the config below
it failed to resolve some group IDs at service startup - setting our AD servers IPs into

wins server = ...

seems to help at service startup, now it looks like it used to be in v3.0.25b : simply correct (at startup)

For the time being I am restarting winbindd every 5 minutes - not really a good service management ...

---
Robert GRASSO
System Engineer

CEDRAT
15, Chemin de Malacher - Inovallée - 38246 MEYLAN Cedex - FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0)4 76 90 50 45 Fax: +33 (0)4 76 90 16 09
mailto:Robert.Grasso at cedrat.com
---
Support service       : mailto:support at cedrat.com
Commercial service : mailto:cedrat at cedrat.com