[Samba] Segment violation during the list of directory with smbc_readdir

Tue Aug 21 10:55:29 GMT 2007

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 02:43:06PM +0400, Stanislav Tihohod wrote:
> As I said in the previous letter, no crash occurs against 3.0.25b.
> The problem is that Samba 3.0.5 is used in a product that is
> currently in production. So I need to have a proof that this bug
> is in Samba and is fixed in a newer version.
> Could anybody help, please?

Well, it will be difficult to get support for such an old
version for free on the mailing lists. See
http://samba.org/samba/support for companies doing
commercial support for Samba.

And if you have 3.0.5 in a product, just look at the source
code and see where it crashes. Standard debugging, compile
with -g and run it under valgrind to get a backtrace with
line number information. You should be able to quickly nail
and fix it.

Volker