[Samba] Offline files enabled clients are loosing network drives

Henry Jensen hjensen at gmx.de
Tue Aug 21 08:51:55 GMT 2007

Hello,

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 09:19:04AM +0000, Henry Jensen wrote:
> since the update to Samba 3.0.25b Clients which have offline files enabled
> - typically notebooks - are sporadical loosing their network drives.

The problems I had here with samba 3.0.25b are significant. It all began
after the upgrade:

- Notebook-Clients which had offline files enabled are losing network drives.

- MS-Office complains that it can not safe files. The error messages are
  variantly (translated from german Windows XP Prof. and MS-Office 2003)
  "No space left on device" (which is a network share) and "Too many open
  files". Unfortunatley this is erradic and not reproducible, and I have
  no time to debug, because this is a production system which must
  "simply work".
  I can't find any messages regarding this problems in the samba log.

I have now downgraded to Samba 3.0.25a again which was running with no
problems for two month before the upgrade to 3.0.25b.

Regards,

Henry