[Samba] Argument createcomputer does not work in net rpc join

Raj Pagaku rpagaku at ironport.com
Mon Aug 20 06:14:44 GMT 2007

Jerry,

Thanks for your response.  Any specific reason why 'net rpc join'
doesn't support it?

Since we needed this functionality (customer didn't like it when we said
we don't support that :)), we wrote a small function that utilizes
smbldap_xxx routines.  Specifically our small function utilizes the
following smbldap_xxx routines:

smbldap_set_mod - to set 'cn', 'sAMAccountName', 'objectClass',
'userAccountControl'.
smbldap_init - to initialize the connection with AD server
smbldap_set_creds - set the credentials for the connection
smbldap_add - to precreate the machine account object in the location.

Please let me know if we are doing something fundamentally wrong.

I will be happy to submit the patch to samba group or to anyone who
requires it.

Regards
Raj Pagaku