[Samba] Winbindd needs 5 minutes to work after reboot

Collin Knut Knut.Collin at hin.no
Fri Aug 17 16:57:38 GMT 2007

I'm using winbind for authentication agains Windows 2003 server here at the
college. The system has successfully joined he Windows domain and domain
logins works wonderful 5 minutes after booting. That's my problem, domain
logins does not work until the winbind daemon has established contact with
the password server, and this take approx 5 minutes after a reboot.
I think the problem is related to DHCPclient taking too long time to get an
IP address, so maybee this is not a Samba/Winbind problem but there seems to
be some synchronization missing during boot.
This problem is on Ubuntu 7.04, I had the same problem on Fedora 4 2 years
back, but there I managed to stop the network start/DHCPclient, so the
bootsequence does not continue until the system has got an IP address, this
works ok.
So my question is how do I stop the bootsequence on Ubuntu during DHCPclient
processing until an valid  IP address is received ? Should this be part of
winbindd configuring ?

--
Knut Collin
Narvik Univeristy College, Norway