[Samba] how make cancel case sesitive mode

Saravanan saravanan at ccatgroup.com
Wed Aug 15 13:05:49 GMT 2007

Dear all,

1) In my office we are using redhat linux server version 9 as well
redhar ES 3 and above.

2) Our database in MySql Server 5.0.

3) We have our own software designed using Jave and VB. In the program
the databases and tables are called upper case and well in lowercase in
the whole application. As the testing was done in Windows Server we dont
find any problem.

Now when we are making live run we are facing problem Linux is case
sencitive, let us take table named Employee. In mysql it is created as
EMPLOYEE. Inside the program we are calling as Employee, employee as
well EMPLOYEE, We find problem now.

Is there any way we can ignore the case and process the application. In
Program we cant do because we are calling in more than 100 places and
modules so we cant change in all the places. So is there any way we can
solve this linux or samba.

Pls help it is very urgent.

Steve,