[Samba] password server DOMDC1 rejected the password: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

glykos at gmx.net glykos at gmx.net
Tue Aug 14 12:12:07 GMT 2007

hello list,

I played around with my own problem and it looks like something has
changed in the way users get authenticated from version 3.0.23c to
3.0.25b.

It would help me a lot if someone could point me out to these changes (or
maybe it is bug).

I installed the former version that I had (3.0.23c) and it worked OK out
of the box. The same configuration did not work with 3.0.25b. I changed
the security to "domain" but again this did not work, either.

The picture that I get right now of the new version is that authenticating
users to remote password server is broken. Can anyone verify this?

Thanks for your help.

Michael