[Samba] Trailing backslash issue with Windows Shares

Mac mac at nibsc.ac.uk
Mon Aug 13 08:36:32 GMT 2007

Hi there,

>> I have Samba 3.0.25b running as a PDC.  When opening a share on a
>> Windows member server from an XP/Vista client, if I add a trailing
>> backslash after a share name (e.g. \\WIN-SERVER\C$\) then an explorer
>> windows appears immediately and correctly contains the share.  Without
>> the backslash (e.g. \\WIN-SERVER\C$) I have observed delays of up to
>> 20 seconds.  I have msdfs root = yes in my smb.conf.  Is this a known
>> problem ?
>
>Yeah, known bug someone reported - will be fixed for 3.0.25c.

Whilst looking at other things, we've seen Wireshark traces where the
client appears to ask for:-

	\\server\shar

before actually asking for

	\\server\share

Could this be the same issue ?

                               Mac
          Assistant Systems Administrator @nibsc.ac.uk
                           mac at nibsc.ac.uk
   Work: +44 1707 641565          Everything else: +44 7956 237670 (anytime)