[Samba] Issue with Samba version 3.0.25b on Debian

Sun Aug 12 07:44:13 GMT 2007

On Sat, Aug 11, 2007 at 10:24:07PM +0100, Dan Peachey wrote:
> I have an issue with Samba version 3.0.25b on Debian. I am receiving a
> number of mails from my server with the following:
>
> > The Samba 'panic action' script, /usr/share/samba/panic-action,
> > was called for PID 18483 ().

We need a backtrace from that. The log file should have it.

> Also, when running 'smbstatus' I get the following at the bottom of the
> output:
>
> --
> tdb(/var/run/samba/locking.tdb): tdb_rec_read bad magic 0xd9fee666 at
> offset=678200
> locked file list truncated

That's not desirable, but normal. smbstatus opens the tdbs
readonly, which means no locking. When there's heavy
activity on a larger file server, these messages are
possible. It should not happen in quiet periods.

Volker