[Samba] Issue with Samba version 3.0.25b on Debian

Dan Peachey dan at illusionnetworks.com
Sat Aug 11 21:24:07 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have an issue with Samba version 3.0.25b on Debian. I am receiving a
number of mails from my server with the following:

> The Samba 'panic action' script, /usr/share/samba/panic-action,
> was called for PID 18483 ().

> This means there was a problem with the program, such as a segfault.
> However, the executable could not be found for process 18483.
> It may have died unexpectedly, or you may not have permission to debug
> the process.

Also, when running 'smbstatus' I get the following at the bottom of the
output:

--
tdb(/var/run/samba/locking.tdb): tdb_rec_read bad magic 0xd9fee666 at
offset=678200

I'm not sure what's happening here as it only seems to do this once in a
while. If I restart samaba it will be OK for a week or so but then I will
have users report that open files are locking up etc, then I start receiving
the panic e-mails and have to restart the process again.

I am away until next Monday now but will reply on return, in the meantime
I'd be most grateful if anyone can help me out with this issue!

Regards,

Dan