[Samba] Re: PDC: Windows xp sp2 reboots when login onto domain

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 19:03:55 GMT 2007

> Please, tell me if this is correct, as this is what I think after reading the
> document: the msgina.dll that comes with XP SP2 contains a flaw that crashes
> Windows is Samba is acting as PDC, so the solution is to replace this dll
> with a previos version (SP1 or so). Is this true?

If this does the effect is only under certain conditions. At work we
have been running a samba only pdc (using ldap) for about 4 years now
so we have gone through a lot of service packs and updates and in this
time I have never seen this problem on 50+ windows XP machines. One
thing is that for the most part all of my XP machines have all the
latest updates except for we do not use ie7 since it prevents us from
accessing a few very important web front ends to a patient info
system.

John