[Samba] Samba winbind and nsswith.conf

Wilkinson, Alex alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Sat Aug 11 11:57:31 GMT 2007

    0n Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 02:23:37PM -0400, Mark Campbell wrote:

    >when I run wbinfo -u or -g it returns users and groups from AD.
    >When I do a getent passwd I get the results for /etc/passwd and nothing from AD.
    >When I auth to the samba server the permissions set based on groups do not work.

This makes 2 of us. On FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #1: Wed Jul 25 17:31:15 WST 2007.

e.g.

   #wbinfo -u | wc -l
   9150

   #getent passwd | wc -l
   24

 -aW

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.