[Samba] Re: smbldap_open: cannot access LDAP when not root..

Matt Anderson sokkerstud_11 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 10 14:55:29 GMT 2007

Matt Anderson <sokkerstud_11 <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> I currently have a Samba PDC along with multiple BDCs using an eDirectory LDAP
> backend.  While trying to figure out how to get the bad password account
> lockout feature to work, I managed to somehow mess up the samba PDC.

For anyone who runs into the same issue, I believe that I must have corrupted
one of the user or policy-related local databases on the PDC.  I was only able
to resolve this issue by removing Samba from the system (and deleting the
contents of etc samba) and then re-installing it again as the PDC.  The fresh
install seemed to fix whatever the underlying problem was.

Best of luck,
Matt