[Samba] smbspool and cups on Centos5

James Bardin jbardin at bu.edu
Thu Aug 9 20:16:43 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm cannot get smbspool to print to a kerberized windows printer through
cups.
Kerberos is working, and both smbclient and smbspool can connect to the
server.

Even though sending a formatted page manually with smbspool works, cups
returns
"Unable to connect to CIFS host, will retry in 60 seconds..."

I read an older post here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/samba@lists.samba.org/msg79444.html
but 3.0.24 gave the same results. I have had this working with other
distros, but a haveto migrate everything to Centos5.

I've tried samba versions from samba-3.0.23c to samba-3.0.25b
on Centos5, cups-1.2.4

Thanks!
-jim