[Samba] dfs problems in 3.0.25a after client reboot and remapping

Paul J R me at pjr.cc
Thu Aug 9 08:37:57 GMT 2007

Hi guys, I haven't seen any replies to this, but im seeing the exact same
thing with Fedora 7 samba (with all the currently available patches).
using winbind into a an ADS realm.

My samba is 3.0.25b.

Clients are XP, 2003 r2 SE and EE 32bit, 2003 r2 SE 64 bit. All work ok
for a while, then suddenly start doing the same as below.

I.e., when mapped it looks fine, then some time in the future it'll start
breaking randomly (altho, once its broken it stays broken).

Any suggestions? Just wondering if someone found a work-around for the
problem?

... cut for brevity.