[Samba] smb.conf, in addition to my questions of yesterday

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 09:27:27 GMT 2007

> Here is my current smb.conf . I didn't want to send it immediately (in
> some
> groups that is not done)

I  understand. If you posted your whole kernel .config to a group for a
hardware question I would have been a little upset. But smb.conf files are
generally not that big.

and I have omitted some dozens of shares at the end,
> which are similar to the ones present.

Ok, This tells me a few things (Its way too early in the morning for me to
analyze this very deeply though)

You are not using AD, LDAP or winbindd but you are using the tdbsam with
mapped users security method. You are not using a wins server and the samba
server will not be the master browser (this may be a problem).

I see you have a lot of shares configured and the detail in the
smb.confsays that you have thought this one through.

Do the users in the /etc/samba/smbusers that you have used to connect to
from windows have their unix accounts created and is the password the same
as the mapped user has in windows?

Do you have a windows domain controller? Is it using active directory? I
assume it is the master browser for the network? Are the nmbd  and smbd
daemons running on the samba server?

John