[Samba] Missing Heimdal, Kerberos, Samba and OpenLdap how-to

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Aug 4 07:43:43 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 22:29 +0200, Marcello De Geronimo wrote:
> Hi,
> i'm looking for this how-to, often referenced but no more available:
>
> https://sec.miljovern.no/bin/view/Info/HeimdalKerberosSambaAndOpenLdap
>
> Is there anywhere an how-to about integrating Heimdal, Kerberos, Samba
> and OpenLdap?

In short, see smbk5pwd if you want to have the LDAP server update the
passwords, and Heimdal 1.0 (0.8 and above) will read Samba password
entries as kerberos keys.

I know the howto did get reposted somewhere, but I never kept enough
track of it, but can help you though the setup (as can the heimdal
mailing list).

Andrew Bartlett