[Samba] Re: PDC: Windows xp sp2 reboots when login onto domain

Jose Manuel D. Mendinueta mendi at ulises.tel.uva.es
Fri Aug 3 11:42:09 GMT 2007

I am completely desperate.

I purged the packages, and installed las Etch version, and the same thing:
when the user name and pass is introduced on any Windows machine, it suddenly
reboots.

There were some messages in the Event Log, relating to msgina.dll crahs. I
have tried with MS Knowledge base, but is useless.

Finally, I installed the pdc on a laptop with Debian Sid, samba 3.0.25a, and
the same thing...

After googling to find out information, I don not understand how this happens
only to me.

Solution: create local accounts, and map the network drives data and homes, so
users can access their shares, but not roaming profile.

Cheers,

Jose Manuel Delgado Mendinueta