[Samba] profiles?

Carwyn Edwards carwyn.edwards at bangor.ac.uk
Wed Aug 1 14:06:05 GMT 2007

mikee wrote:
> Sometimes a user logging in takes a while. I suspect the
> time delay is due to the size of a user's profile.

This might be of use to you:
http://www.css.taylor.edu/~nehresma/samba.htm

Basically there are a few ways of trimming down what is synced to the
local machine vs kept on the network. Of course there are various
performance tradeoffs involved though.

Carwyn

--
Gall y neges e-bost hon, ac unrhyw atodiadau a anfonwyd gyda hi,
gynnwys deunydd cyfrinachol ac wedi eu bwriadu i'w defnyddio'n unig

This email and any attachments may contain confidential material and
is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete this email.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), you
must not use, retain or disclose any information contained in this
email.  Any views or opinions are solely those of the sender and do
not necessarily represent those of the University of Wales, Bangor.
The University of Wales, Bangor does not guarantee that this email or
any attachments are free from viruses or 100% secure.  Unless
expressly stated in the body of the text of the email, this email is
not intended to form a binding contract - a list of authorised
signatories is available from the University of Wales, Bangor Finance
Office.  www.bangor.ac.uk