[Samba] Mac - Filesystem Size Limit?

Sean DiZazzo half.italian at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 00:25:54 GMT 2007

Let me preface by saying I am not a samba expert.  I've messed around
with the smb.conf file a few times, and mount to the shares regularly.
 We are on 10.4.x on brand new Intel macs.  We are mounting a samba
share that is approx 4.8TB, but only 1.9TB shows as the size of the
disk.

Is this a known limitation of samba on the Mac, or can it be fixed by
upgrading to a newer version of the client?

I found a bit of info stating that there _used_ to be a problem
(2004), but it would be fixed in the 10.4 series of MacOSX.

http://lists.apple.com/archives/Darwin-userlevel/2004/Jul/msg00004.html

I couldn't find any other info.  Anybody know?

~Sean