[Samba] trust relationship fails

Glen Kaukola glen at cert.ucr.edu
Wed Apr 25 22:00:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

So I have this samba file server, samba-3.0.10-1.4E.9 to be exact, that
is a member of an NT 4 domain.  It usually works great for days and
days.  But every now and again clients will start getting this message:
The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain
failed.

At that point I've simply removed the server from the domain and
re-added it, and then things start to work again.  This is somewhat fine
I guess...but I was still hoping someone could shed some light on how to
prevent this situation from occuring.

Thanks in advance,
Glen