[Samba] Joining an 2003 AD

Kemp, Levi lnkemp at bolivar.k12.mo.us
Mon Apr 30 21:23:57 GMT 2007

I have been able to set this up once before on Fedora Core 6 with the latest versions of Samba, and Kerberbos installed. I was able to authenticate but unable to log in due to directories. Due to unforseen circumstances I've been forced to start over but using the exact instructions as before I been unable to get anywhere. I cannot net join ads at all. I get this message.

Using short domain name -- BOLIVAR
Failed to set servicePrincipalNames. Please ensure that
the DNS domain of this server matches the AD domain,
Or rejoin with using Domain Admin credentials.
Disabled account for 'BMSK12LTSP' in realm 'BOLIVAR.EDU'

I've checked my smb.conf and krb5.conf files and can't find anything wrong. Is there anyone who might have time to look at my conf files or my logs and help me out? I'm still a novice at Linux in gerenal, but I need to get this going for my school asap. I appreciate any help.

Levi