[Samba] Cannot set ACL rights for group "Authenticated Users" (SID S-1-5-11)\ Two bugs in change svn-22481

Jens Nissen jens.nissen at gmx.net
Mon Apr 30 16:15:01 GMT 2007

Thanks Jeremy for the ACL-fix (svn-Revision 22481).
It points out the way to go, even though I think, you had a bad day:
IMHO, There are two bugs:

(a) A minor bug in your util_sid.c - change.
The additional test

	if (sid_equal(sid, &global_sid_System))
		return True;

is superfluous, as the global_sid_System is part of NT-Authority which
is lateron tested with

	if (sid_equal(&dom, &global_sid_NT_Authority))
		return True;

I recommend reverting util_sic.c to revision 22480.

(b) A severe bug in your change to posix_acls.c

You have moved the test for non-mappable SIDs from a point BEFORE
SMB_MALLOC_P to a point beyond the call "current_ace = SMB_MALLOC_P(---)".

Thus your fix leaks memory of size "canon_ace" each time a non-mappable
SID is called.

The correct code in create_canon_ace_lists should look like this:

      /*
       * Silently ignore map failures in non-mappable SIDs (NT
Authority, BUILTIN etc).
       */

      if (non_mappable_sid(&psa->trustee)) {
        DEBUG(10,("create_canon_ace_lists: ignoring non-mappable SID %s\n",
          sid_to_string(str, &psa->trustee) ));
        SAFE_FREE(current_ace);
        continue;
      }

I hope, I didn't miss a point in my analysis.

Kind regards,

Jens Nissen