[Samba] Changing group owner to a group user is not member of

Henrik Zagerholm henke at mac.se
Mon Apr 30 09:47:27 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm using latest samba 3.0.24 on a debian etch box (ext3, acl) in ADS
mode joined to a W2003 domain.

Everything works fine except when I want to change the group of a
file to something the user is not member of.

Even if I run the commands as Administrator I can't seem to change to
groups expect to those that the Administrator is member of.
This is really annoying as its very inconvenient to have a user
member of all groups...

Is there some way to change this behavior?

Regards,
Henrik