[Samba] BLOATED LDAP Traffic from Samba

Josh Kelley joshkel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 01:59:28 GMT 2007

On 4/24/07, Joseph Williams <joewjr at temple.edu> wrote:
> My Samba PDC is sending tons of traffic my ldapserver(iplanet) and is
> causing the ldap server load to   peak consitently over a ridiculous 91%.
> Logons come to a crawl because the ldap load is so high.  I don't not have
> roaming profiles enabled.

This doesn't directly answer your question, but I'm surprised that an
LDAP server would max CPU usage if indexes and such are set up
properly.  Did you make sure to enable all of the recommended LDAP
indexes (in particular, sambaSID)?  (See chapter 2 of the Samba HOWTO
Collection for a sample OpenLDAP slapd.conf file that lists
recommended indexes.)

Josh Kelley