[Samba] Samba & CUPS: only banner-page gets printed

Jeff Thurston jthurston at skyline-ats.com
Thu Apr 26 22:43:49 GMT 2007

First, I apologize if this gets posted twice, it is not intentional,
after sending it the first time and not seeing it after half an hour I am
trying again...

I'm hoping someone can give me a clue what I am doing wrong here,
Running Debian Etch AMD64, I followed the samba wiki at:
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_&_Active_Directory#Prerequisites.

I get mostly good results, except when I try to run 'getent passwd' or
'getent group' only local users/groups are listed.

I was able to join the domain: net ads join -U admin_user
The system shows up in AD under computers on the PDC.

Afterwards if I do wbinfo -u, wbinfo -g, wbinfo -p, wbinfo -t, wbinfo -a
ad_user%password

All of those appear to work correctly.

However this seems somewhat fishy, it says "Active Directory: No":

'wbinfo -D domain.com'
Name              : DOMAIN
Alt_Name          : DOMAIN.COM
SID               : S-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Active Directory  : No
Native            : No
Primary           : Yes
Sequence          : 2008