[Samba] cpu load on centOS 4.4

Jason Baker jbaker at glastender.com
Tue Apr 24 18:17:23 GMT 2007

Deno,
I had a similar problem when I installed our new servers a couple months
ago. I'm running 3Ware 9550SX-4LP (SATA) cards in CentOS 4 boxes. I had
absolutely horrible performance and tried everything I could to get it
working better. Finally I discovered that I had the on-board caching
turned off on the cards, because they don't have the on-board battery
backup. My entire system is on a battery backup, so I figured I'd give
it a shot. My speeds went through the roof. Now the server is what I
would consider "normal", even copying large files doesn't slow things
down. I would check and see if your cards have any time of on-board
caching and enable it. Good luck.

*Jason Baker
*/IT Coordinator/

*Glastender Inc.*