[Samba] ACLS, inherit owner=yes

Necos Secon secon_kun at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 21 08:02:12 GMT 2007

Do you have the acl/xattr utilities installed and necessary kernel support?
(I'm going to assume yes for a moment). While I can't confirm the inherit
owner issue with RHEL4 (don't run the distro), I can definitely say that
inherit owner _WILL_ work in versions after 3.0.15 properly. I am using .23c
with little to no issues. I believe that you should upgrade to a newer RHEL
rpm of Samba if at all possible. Hope that works out for you.

Theodore Charles III
Network Administrator
Los Angeles Senior High