[Samba] Redundant ldap idmap backend possible?

Lars Berntzon lars.berntzon at xelerated.com
Fri Apr 20 12:23:11 GMT 2007

Hi, I have just started to turn my Linux boxes over to use winbind for
authentication and ldap based idmap backend servers (open-ldap). As far as I
understand the documentation (for version 3.0.23c) it is only possible to
specify one ldap server, mine config line looks like:

idmap backend = ldap:ldap://idmap.xelerated.com

I did try to map the idmap.xelerated.com entry in DNS to two servers, but it
only uses the first entry returned from the DNS-servern.

I want my environment to work even if one of the LDAP-servers goes down, how
do I make implement redundancy?

Regards, Lars Berntzon

believed to be clean.