[Samba] How much Money are we saving with Samba?

Aaron Souza aaronmsouza at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 14:20:45 GMT 2007

All,

Has anyone been at the point where you are deciding to either set up a
MS AD server or Samba server? At my work (school district) we are
exclusively samba (no m$ server anywhere)
and I am just curious to see how much money we actually save?

Whats the going rate for a CAL? If there is an educational discount
price, any idea what that is?

At one of my schools, I have 250 machines and 900 users- so I would
just want 250 machine cals. I'm interested in seeing how much we save
vs. getting true group policy support and other m$ features.

Thanks in advance.