[Samba] Re: Domain membership problem in OpenSuse 10.2

Prajjwal P. Devkota prajjwald at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 08:40:40 GMT 2007

Hi Everyone,

I found out my mistake.  The funny thing is: it works in Fedora Core 5,
even though I have the same lines in the smb.conf file.

The two lines:
        winbind uid = 16777216-33554431
          winbind gid = 16777216-33554431
were causing the problem.  I tried two things, and both worked:
a. I changed the winbind uid and gid to 1000-100000, and I could get  a
proper listing
b. Removing the winbind uid and gid lines altogether worked as well.

Prajjwal